Thursday, April 19, 2007

God provides

I'm going to Brisbane Australia this summer for 6 weeks to preach the good news of Jesus Christ. My team is made up of 20 students(5 men and 15 women) along with some staff from Campus Crusade for Christ. Each student needs to raise $4,500. God has done amazing work to provide and I'm sorry to say that I wasn't expecting everything to go the way they did. The church I grew up in put on a pancake feed last weekend and raised $2,270. This is from a town of 600; a town that I thought to be spiritually stagnant. Thank you Lord. I just talked with my mom and a lady from home gave me a check for $1000. Before this last weekend I had around $2,600. The crazy thing is that I know people who are still sending money. I know this post doesn't have a lot of discussion points, but I figured being my first post nobody would comment anyway. If anyone stumbles across this and wants to know more about what I'm doing or believe or just want to chat that would be great.
Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Neat! You have a blog. And I definitely commented. I imagine I'll be doing some more of that....

    God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said "NO WAY!" when I told her how much money came in at the pancake feed. I said "ye of little faith"! And Dad didn't think it would bring in 500 bucks. It was really great, Methodists always show up when food is involved. The church and MYF helped a lot. I was there for the whole thing and I'd say there were fewer than 150(probably more like 90-100) people that showed up and about 1/3 of those were either from another church or no church. The popcorn sales were pretty good considering the number of people at the tourney. BTW, I ate like 5 dollars worth of popcorn.

    ReplyDelete