Friday, May 25, 2007

Summer plans

As was mentioned in a previous post, this blog's founder (Jordan) is gone for the summer on a summer project in Australia. However, I am not. I'll be bouncing around for the next week or so before settling in Nebraska. I will continue to post as much as I can, so I hope people keep reading. Speaking of reading, I figured I would spend a little time detailing what books I have planned to read this summer. I am not sure how many future comments will be spent on my thoughts on these books, but I imagine there will be a few.

Anyway, here's what I'll be reading:
  • The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning
  • The Spirit of Early Christian Thought, by Robert Louis Wilken
  • On Christian Liberty, by Martin Luther
  • True Spirituality, by Francis Schaeffer
  • The God Who is There, by Francis Schaeffer
  • Escape from Reason, by Francis Schaeffer
  • He is There and He is not Silent, by Francis Schaeffer
  • The Reformation: A History, by Diarmaid MacCulloch
Additionally, I will be studying a few more reference-style books:
  • Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, by William Lane Craig, and J.P. Moreland
  • Faith Has Its Reasons, by Kenneth D. Boa and Robert M. Bowman, Jr
  • Aquinas' Shorter Summa, by Thomas Aquinas
So obviously this is all going to take a long time, and I likely will not finish this summer. I am nearly done with The Spirit of Early Christian Thought, and I am getting into The Ragamuffin Gospel. Also, On Christian Liberty (also known as On the Freedom of a Christian) is very short. I look forward to reading what many consider to be a groundbreaking work by Luther; additionally, the works by Schaeffer are considered classics, and I look forward to familiarizing myself with his monumental contributions to twentieth-century Christian thought.

2 comments:

  1. Can I borrow True Spirituality sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably. Unfortunately, the "anonymous" tag isn't really helping me decipher who's asking the question, so you'll just have to let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete